Set up a library account
UIC students, faculty and staff have automatic access to UIC Library resources. Alumni and visitors can apply for borrowing cards.
UIC students, faculty and staff
Only your UIC NetID and password are needed to access Library resources online.
Please feel free to get in touch.
Do you have an i-Card?
- You can contact the library to be added manually to our system. Please have your i-Card handy. We will ask for your UIN, your NetID, your Library number (listed on the i-Card), and your home address.
- You can contact the UIC ID Center to get an i-Card; if you cannot make it to campus, you can request a “non-print” i-Card (sufficient for using the Library).
- Some UIC students in remote programs, who (by the nature of their programs) are not generally issued i-Cards, have reported trouble accessing UIC Library online resources. If this is you, please get in touch.
Alumni can apply for an Alumni Borrowing card. The card does not provide remote access or interlibrary loan privileges.
Make sure you have a free and clear library account at your library and bring your I-Share institution ID to check out items. If your I-Share account is not valid or is blocked through your home library, you may not borrow books or other items from the UIC Library.
Special borrowing agreements
- Visitors from Lexington College and Spertus Institute, with active accounts and current IDs, can borrow items only from Daley Library.
- Northwestern University and University of Chicago students and faculty can borrow items only from Daley Library with correctly filed CIC permission. (Please see your home institution for application and approval.)
- Whitney Young Magnet High School students can borrow items from Daley Library with an ALA form obtained from their school library.
- Students, staff and faculty from Loyola University with active accounts and current IDs can borrow items only from Daley Library. Loyola Medical faculty with active accounts and current IDs may borrow items from LHS-Chicago.
- John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County faculty with active accounts and current IDs may borrow items from both Daley Library and LHS-Chicago.
- Peoria community members may check out up to three items from LHS-Peoria after registering with valid government-issued ID.
Members of the public
Members of the public and non-UIC affiliated visitors are welcome to use UIC items and resources in any of our physical locations.
Individuals who are not otherwise affiliated with UIC and wish to borrow materials may become members of the UIC University Library.
Note: Membership does not include interlibrary loan privileges, I-Share borrowing privileges or remote access to proprietary databases.
- Overdue and missing book charges apply when warranted.
- Membership cards should be purchased in the name of the person(s) who will actually come to the Library.
- Only the person to whom the card is issued may check out Library materials.
Apply for individual or corporate membership
To become a member fill out the membership form:
The form is also available from the Library’s administrative offices.
As of July 1, 2011, annual fees for membership are:
- Individual or one corporate membership: $500
- Corporate (2 memberships): $750
- Corporate (3-5 memberships): $1,250
- Corporate (6-10 memberships): $2,000
- Corporate (11-20 memberships): $2,750
Replacement card cost – $30/card
For any questions, e-mail: email@example.com