UIC Library Search
You can search for articles, books, and more from the Library homepage and the magnifying glass icon on the top right of every page.
Note that UIC Library Search doesn't search the Library's actual website (library.uic.edu). For Events, News and website Pages, you can search the UIC Library website directly.
Start your search
- Enter your search terms on the homepage.
- On the results page, you'll see filters in the left column. Some of the most useful include:
- Resource Type
- Creation Date
- Example: To find e-books, filter by Availability: Available online and Resource Type: Books
- Sign-in is only needed to pin favorites or request print books for pick-up.
- For articles that are not online, follow the Access Options link and select Request via Interlibrary Loan to login to ILLiad. (The "Sign in" option applies only to print books.)
What is this searching?
UIC Library Search (Primo) combines results from these resources:
- UIC Library Collections (with some exceptions)
- Subject & Course Guides
- Databases A-Z List
- Journals & e-Journals
What is this not searching?
Some important UIC Library resources are not (yet?) in UIC Library Search, and must be searched directly:
- Library website results (from library.uic.edu)
- Special Collections & University Archives finding aids
- Digital Images
- ...and others. Please contact us for more information.
On the Library homepage, below the primary search box, you can find Advanced Search, providing additional features to help you narrow search results by format, location, and other options.
Advanced Search uses the same database as the basic homepage search.