Check out a laptop
Laptop checkouts are available to students in Urbana, Peoria and both Chicago libraries.
Students can borrow a laptop from the LTS Multimedia Lab on the first floor, or from the BSB Learning Center.
Long-term laptop loans are also available.
Library of the Health Sciences-Chicago
UIC students can borrow laptops from the Circulation Desk with a valid i-card.
- Laptops may be borrowed for 4 hours.
- Laptops can be renewed if there are no additional requests.
- Advance reservations are not available.
If you need to save data or documents, bring an external drive or email them to a personal account.
- Overdue fines for laptops are $25 per hour—be sure to turn the laptop and accessories in on time.
- If the laptop is lost or damaged, you will be charged for the amount of the replacement or repair plus a $25 dollar processing fee.
UIC students can borrow Lenovo laptops and MacBooks from the Circulation Desk with a valid i-card.
- Laptops may be borrowed for 7 days.
- If the laptop is lost or damaged, you will be charged an amount equal to the replacement or repair costs plus a $25.00 processing fee.